VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT (MSZCZONOWSKA OCHOTNICZA STRAŻ POŻARNA) – not long ago it has been believed that the Volunteer Fire Department has been established in 1880. However according to source documents, an organized fire fighting activity took place in Mszczonów many years earlier. In Olgerbrand’s Encyclopaedia issued in 1865 we find the information that after the fire which took place in Mszczonów on 9.10.1862 only the following building have not destroyed: gmina house (schlachtuz), about 30 houses and the shed for fire fighting tools. According to the act of foundation of the City Hall dated 19.04.1825 this shed has been erected close to this date and constituted significant architectonic element of the town. Owing to assumed year of the establishment of the Fire Department in Mszczonów in 1825, we can be proud of one of the oldest fire fighting organizations in Poland. At the moment, the Volunteer Fire Department in Mszczonów consists of so called corps, youth groups and orchestra. The following Volunteer Fire Department units are also active in the territory of Mszczonów Gmina: OSP Mszczonów, OSP Powązki, OSP Grabce Towarzystwo, OSP Piekary, OSP Osuchów, OSP Bobrowce, OSP Nosy Poniatki and OSP Zbiroża.