The Centre acts as an independent organizational entity of Mszczonów county and since its establishment in 2003 performs important role in the scope of social policy education and the actions initiated on the local labour market, promotion of town and cooperation with the entrepreneurs and non – government organizations. GCI possess the status of an Educational Institution (therefore it is a labour market institution in virtue of law) and the status of a permanent education institution subordinated to the Schools Superintendent Office. Wide spectrum of services is rendered by the Centre for the local community and for other clients visiting our gmina. Furthermore the Centre has its branch in Osuchów rendering services for the inhabitants living in rural areas and for the farmers.
GCI performs the following priority tasks:
- organization of trainings upgrading or changing professional qualifications
- implementation of EU projects in the scope of social policy i.e. so called Soft Projects
- rendering of multimedia services (making available the Internet, IT laboratory, hardware and multimedia equipment, office equipment)
- assistance to unemployed persons including: professional information transfer, coordination of actions between the employer and potential employee, maintaining of data base encompassing the persons with difficult situation on labour market
- Cooperation with entrepreneurs and NGO organizations
- Promotion of gmina throughout the cooperation with media, preparation of challenges for gmina on national level i.e. TERAZ POLSKA (Poland Now) , Gmina Fair Play etc., administration of Internet Services, publication of Merkuriusz Mszczonowski Bulletine
- Consulting activity addressed mainly to the persons commencing their economic activity or to the entrepreneurs already acting on the market, associated with the activity financing from Loan Fund, credits guarantees from Mazovian Fund Credit Guarantees with shares owned by Mszczonów and consulting in the scope of EU funds to be used in business sphere.
- Assistance in the filling and filing EU applications in the framework of programs addressed to the persons living in rural areas.
In 2006 Information Centre in Mszczonów became the winner in the competition for the Best Functioning County Information Centre in the Territory of Mazovian Voivodship announced by the Marshall of Mazovian Voivodship.